Wilson Recruitment Ltd are working in partnership with one of the largest groups within the automotive sector and are happy to announce the following vacancy for any skilled HGV Technician or light vehicle Mechanic / Technician with some exposure to commercial vehicles.
Please note we are not looking for a HGV Driver, we are seeking a HGV Technician who may have a Class 1 license.
Location: Dunstable, LU5
• 40, 45, 50 hour contracts negotiable
• Competitive salaries + overtime
• 30 minutes unpaid breaks per shift
• Working within a Vehicle Maintenance Unit within a large retail customer site
• Mercedes-Benz / DAF Arctic and Rigid vehicles
• Time served or newly qualified HGV Technician’s will be considered for interview
• Dealership or retail experience (desirable)
• IT literate – basic computer skills (minimum)
• HGV class 1 driving licence (desirable)
• Might hold valid CPC (desirable)
• Irtec qualification (desirable)
• Service, maintenance, repair, fitting, driving experience (desirable)
• NVQ level 2-3 in heavy goods vehicles (minimum) or City & guilds in heavy goods vehicles (desirable)
• If newly qualified, some experience working on commercial or passenger vehicles would be advantageous
The benefits and perks:
• 22 days plus bank holiday annual leave
• Overtime available – site open between 0600 Monday and 1800 Sunday
• Up to £10’000 tool insurance
• Death in service at 2x basic salary
• Full uniform provided which includes up to £80 for safety shoes / boots, 5x jumpers, 5x t-shirts or polo shirts and hi-viz vests
• Free onsite parking
• VMU closure on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
• HGV tech training up to Master Tech plus product training / courses
• Opportunity for career progression within the group
• Opportunity for your HGV Class 1 licence to be paid for by the company
• Excellent senior management team
Sound like you?
Contact me directly or apply to this advert.
Wilson Recruitment are acting as an employment agency on behalf of the client.
Wilson Recruitment Ltd, 12a Queensbridge, Northampton, NN4 7BF
Rate of Pay
£17.00 – £21.00 per year
Job ID – SS2111INTHGVDUN